Our voice is one of our most valuable assets. People know and recognize us by the sound of our voice. We know when friends are happy, excited, angry or tired based on the sound of their voice. We are comforted by familiar voices. A change in your voice can effect your job, your family, your health, and your ability to communicate.
Signs and symptoms of voice changes:
- Gravelly voice
- Voice breaks
- Pitch breaks
- Change in pitch
- Inability to talk
- Throat pain
- Throat soreness
- Throat tightness
- Throat swelling
- Chronic cough/throat clearing
- Breathing trouble when speaking
- Low volume
- Poor vocal energy
- Need to repeat
- A complete review of your concerns as well as any medical, surgical, lifestyle, occupational or emotional factors that might be related to your voice problems
- Analysis of the sound of your voice (acoustic analysis)
- Analysis of the airflow and air pressure during voice production (aerodynamic analysis)
- Visualization of your vocal folds (videostroboscopy)
- Manual assessment of the tension in the muscles used to produce voice
- Trial voice therapy to determine that best method of treatment
- Development of your treatment plan
- 60 minute one to one therapy sessions based on your treatment plan
- A typical course of voice therapy is 4-6 sessions over 6-8 weeks
- Voice exercises and activities are designed for your individual voice needs
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for Parkinson disease (LSVT ®)
- Transgender Voice Training
Specialized Voice Clinic Equipment
- KayPentax Digital Laryngeal Videostroboscopy
- KayPentax Computerized Speech Lab
- KayPentax Phonatory Aerodynamic System
Sherri K Zelazny, MA RSLP, is a clinical speech language pathologist with extensive specialized experience in evaluation and treatment of voice disorders. She is a certified LSVT® clinician. She has more than 25 years of clinical experience.
Sanjay Morzaria, MD, physician consultant.
To book an appointment for a Voice Evaluation please call 778.574.2747
If you have a questions regarding voice symptoms, evaluation or treatment please email Sherri at email@example.com
Contact us for any further questions about our therapies!
Voice & Voice Disorders
Please use the form below to ask our clinical speech pathologist any questions.